Website Privacy & Terms
- to provide you with the best possible services and customer support
- to communicate with you
- to tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- to customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising
- to send marketing communications via email (which you may chose not to receive at any time by changing your communications preferences or following the instructions provided within the communication)
- to compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
- to resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our User Agreement
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities, including without limitation to comply with any Federal and/or State laws and law enforcement requests involving us; and
- if an exceptional circumstance arises for disclosing your information, such as if there are grounds to believe that a disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health (to you or your pet).
2. Personal InformationWhen you register with us through the Site and become a “Paw Buddies” Member, when you choose to post or reserve a listing or when you contact another “Paw Buddies” Member using the “Message” feature of the Site, we will have to collect personally identifiable information. We may collect and store the following personal information:
- your name, phone number, email address and home postal address
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, feedback, correspondence through our sites and correspondence sent to us;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer/device and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- billing and other payment information you provide;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address or to respond to additional questions online to help verify your identity); and
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data.
3. Direct MarketingWe also use your Personal Information to contact you with “Paw Buddies” newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide, at any time, that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. Please note that we may also use your Personal Information to contact you with information related to your use of the Service and you may not opt out of these notifications.
4. Log DataWhen you visit the Site, whether as “Paw Buddies” Member or a non-registered user who is just browsing (a “Paw Buddies” User), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyse the use of the Site and the Service, for the Site’s technical administration, to increase the Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- most cookies are “session cookies”, meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- you are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our services.
- you may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the site that we do not control.
5. Web BeaconsOur Site pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyse how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge and analyse the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
7. Messages Sent via a “Paw Buddies” accountAs part of the Service, “Paw Buddies” Users may communicate with “Paw Buddies” Members through use of the “Chat” feature on the site. Where “Paw Buddies” Users have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from dontfretpet.com.au to those email addresses on their behalf. These email addresses will be used only for the purpose of sending the email communication to the addressee. Your use of the “Chat” or any other messaging feature of the site constitutes both your acknowledgement that messages sent using these features are not private and your consent for us to review, save, edit, decline to transmit and otherwise use the messages or their contents or disclose their contents to third parties, in our sole discretion.
8. Spam, Spyware, Phishing and SpoofingWe and our users do not tolerate spam. You are not licenced to add other “Paw Buddies” Users to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. Please report “Paw Buddies” related spam or spoof emails to us. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would breach our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to “Paw Buddies”. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a priority. We will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication.
9. Information Sharing and DisclosureYou grant “Paw Buddies” and its users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferrable, sub-licencable, worldwide licence to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform and distribute your User Content on “Paw Buddies” solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing and using the “Paw Buddies” Services and Products. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights “Paw Buddies” may have to User Content under other licences. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or our policies. We may disclose personal information, respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content infringes the rights of others or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. We may also share your personal information with:
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, debt collection, rewards programmes and customer support).
- other “Paw Buddies” Users, whether located within Australia or abroad. For example, where you are involved in a transaction with another user, the other user may view your email address and obtain your contact information and location to help complete the transaction.
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service.
- law enforcement agencies, other government departments or third parties in response to a request for information relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other “Paw Buddies” User to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your User ID and User ID history, name, city, state, post code, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints and site activity history or anything else that we deem relevant.
10. “Paw Buddies” Members and UsersWhen you register through the Site and submit your Personal Information to create a profile page, “Paw Buddies” Users will see your first name and the first initial of your last name as well as your gender, suburb, state and post code. They will also see all feedback left by other users on any service you offered through the Platform as well as feedback from you about your own experiences in using our Services. You can choose what other Personal Information you provide as part of your profile. We will display your Profile Information in your profile page, elsewhere on the Site and on third party sites (e.g. through the use of a “Paw Buddies” HTML “widget” or API). Any information you choose to provide as part of your profile should reflect how much you want other “Paw Buddies” Users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information they disclose about themselves in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time. If you post a listing, we may publish that listing anywhere on the Site and may enable third parties to publish your listing on their site through the use of an HTML “widget”. We may also display the geographical location of your listing in the form of a map so that potential guests can see the general area and neighbourhood of your service. If you enter into a confirmed transaction with another “Paw Buddies” Member, i.e you request a type of service from another Member and the other Member confirms your reservation and your payment is processed, you will have access to that Member’s Identity Information and that Member will have access to your Identity Information. Note that Members will never have access to your Billing Information. If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, certain information about you, such as your user ID or reminders from “Paw Buddies”, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
11. Accuracy of Personal InformationWhile we will endeavour to ensure that the Personal Information collected from you is up-to-date, accurate and complete, we will assume that any personal information provided by you is exempt from errors and omissions. You may request that we update or vary your Personal Information that we hold about you, using the contact details listed below.
12. Service ProvidersWe may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analysing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information. If they do, this access is only so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf and they are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You can, at any time, opt out of receiving such communications.
13. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement“Paw Buddies” cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of “Paw Buddies” or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or may pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
14. Business Transfer“Paw Buddies” may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganisation or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
15. Accessing and Changing Your Personal InformationAll Members may review or amend the Personal Information in their registration profile by using the contact details set out below or by logging in and editing the relevant part of their profile. If you prefer to contact us to assist with this, we will attempt to accommodate your request, including any request to deactivate your record in our system. In any event, we will comply with applicable law. If you request copies of your Personal Information held by us we will endeavour to provide you with such personal information as soon as reasonably practicable. We may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. There may be occasions when access to personal information we hold about you is denied. Such occasions would include where release of the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
16. Your SecurityYour password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters and do not disclose your “Paw Buddies” password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If your password has been compromised for any reason or if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security relating to your account, you should immediately notify “Paw Buddies” and change your password. Your information is stored on our servers located in Australia or elsewhere in the world where “Paw Buddies” may have facilities. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use appropriate tools to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and disclosure. As you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Although we take every measure and work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. We will attempt to make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” and will comply in all respects with the requirements of all Australian Privacy Laws including the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (Cth).
17. External Site Links“Paw Buddies” may link to Sites created and maintained by public and private organisations which may include or offer third party products or services. When you access a linked site you may be disclosing private information. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential. These third party sites have separate and independent terms of service and privacy policies. “Paw Buddies” does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked Site and does not have responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. If you click a link to an outside website, you will leave the Site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website. “Paw Buddies” cannot authorise the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorisation from the sponsor of the linked website. “Paw Buddies” is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites. “Paw Buddies” will not willfully or intentionally link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, or discrimination. “Paw Buddies” reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims or is determined to be in conflict with the mission or policies of “Paw Buddies”. We seek to protect the integrity of our site at all times and welcome any feedback.
18. Our Policy Towards ChildrenThe Site and our Services are solely for those aged 18 years or older in accordance with our Terms of Service. We do not knowingly allow any visitors or users under the age of eighteen (18) to use or otherwise access the Site. We do not wish to collect any Personal Information (or any information at all) from any persons under 18 years of age. By using the Site or Services you warrant and represent that you are 18 years or older. We will, however, allow minors on the Site if they have specific consent from a parent or guardian and if such parent or guardian has provided “Paw Buddies” with their proof of identity. The account created on the Site is then shared by the minor and their parent / guardian and should expressly state that the parent / guardian vouches and takes full accountability for the actions of the minor.
19. International UsersThe Service is hosted in and provided from Australia. If you use our Service from Australia, the US, UK, European Union or any other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Australian law please note that you are transferring your personal data to Australia. Australia does not have the same data protection laws as other regions. By providing your personal information you consent to the transfer of your personal data to Australia and the use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
22. Breaches of Your Privacy RightsIf you are of the view that we have breached any applicable Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act, or any related privacy code in dealing with your Personal Information, you may make a complaint by writing to us using the contact details below and we will endeavour to respond and provide you with confirmation as to how we propose to deal with the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting the following website and following the steps: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
23. Anonymity and PseudonymityYou have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us in relation to privacy matters unless we are required by law or a court/tribunal to deal with individuals who have identified themselves or it is impractical for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself in the circumstances.